- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Get educated: take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Actively engage in a plan for membership growth
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Review and update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
- Review the Standards of Affiliation Checklist
Celebrate WSPTA’s Founder’s Day on April 14
WSPTA was founded in 1905 by Abby Williams Hill.
File your Department of Revenue Sales Tax Form by April 15
At the April board meeting, have the budget committee present the budget
The board votes to recommend it to the membership at the next membership meeting.
Elect new officers and approve the proposed budget at a membership meeting
Officers must be elected by June 30, but sooner allows time for transitions and training. Report newly elected officers to WSPTA in May when requested.
Complete WSPTA Standards of Affiliation (SOA) training requirement prior to WSPTA Convention
Consider opportunities for volunteer recognition
Check your standing rules for applicable individual volunteer recognition awards such as the Golden Acorn. Awards can be purchased from the PTA store.
Was your PTA Incorporated in April? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 4/30. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.
Make plans to attend WSPTA Annual Business Meeting Choose your delegates as provided for in your PTA’s standing rules. The deadline for delegate registration closes April 12 at noon.
Make plans to attend Spring Conference Send your leaders to this annual statewide training event.
Begin planning for Staff Appreciation Week, May 8-12, 2023
Harvest ideas on how to create a unique program
(originally posted March 26, 2019; revised March 25, 2020; revised March 13, 2021; revised March 21, 2023)