Reflections Program for Leaders
Reflections® is a National PTA and Washington State PTA arts recognition program for students in grades pre-K through 12. The program is structured for PTAs to celebrate and recognize students at the local, council, state, and national levels. All PTAs/PTSAs in good standing may sponsor the program. Students may only submit entries through a PTA/PTSA. Parent groups not affiliated with the National PTA are not eligible to sponsor this program.
Councils are required, per the WSPTA Standards of Affiliation agreement, to offer a Reflections® program for their local PTAs.
The due date for Reflections entries to be received at the WSPTA office (15 Oregon Avenue, Suite 202, Tacoma) for councils and non-council local PTAs is January 2021 (the specific date will be available soon).
Contact the WSPTA Reflections Chair: email@example.com
Click here to see National PTA’s 2021 Reflections Call for Entries video.
New resources for 2020-2021 will be available in late summer. 2019-2020 materials have been left below to provide examples of resources that will be available.
- 2019-20 Reflections Handbook *revised November 2019*
- 2019-20 Reflections Submission Checklist
- 2019-20 Reflections At-a-Glance *revised November 2019*
- 2019-20 Reflections Judges Guide *revised October 2019*
- Press Release Template
- Media Advisory Template
- Thank You Letter for Volunteers Template
- 2019-20 Student Certificate Template
- Council Reflections Flyer
- Council Reflections Flyer (Spanish)
- Reflections Look Within Flyer (Spanish)
- Look Within Theme Logo
- Look Within Theme Logo (Spanish)
- Look Within Eye Logo
- 2019 Generic Reflections Banner
- Look Within Banner
- Look Within Banner (Spanish)
- Reflections Generic Logo
- Look Within Postcard
- Look Within Postcard (Spanish)
- Look Within Poster
- Look Within Poster – letter size
- Look Within Poster – 17×22
- Look Within Web Image
- Look Within Web Image (Spanish)
- Look Within Facebook cover
- Look Within Facebook cover (Spanish)
- Look Within Facebook post
- Look Within Facebook post (Spanish)
- Look Within Instagram post
- Look Within Instagram post (Spanish)
- Look Within Twitter post
- Look Within Twitter post (Spanish)
- Look Within Lawn Sign Image
- Look Within Lawn Sign Image (Spanish)
Frequently Asked Questions
In Washington, all local PTAs and councils are required to register and advance student entries through the National PTA Student Entry Portal. This is how WSPTA and National PTA will access all of the entries for judging. Many councils use this information as well.
Each council sets their own deadlines. Contact your council to find out your deadline, and where to turn in your artwork.
The due date for Reflections entries to be received at the WSPTA office for councils and non-council local PTAs:
January 24, 2020
WSPTA Office address:
Washington State PTA
c/o Reflections Chair
15 Oregon Avenue
Tacoma, WA 98409-7463
Local PTAs that are members of a council need to follow council Reflections instructions to determine how many entries may be forwarded to their council. Non-council PTAs and councils should use the following table (also available in the Reflections handbook):
Contact your PTA president, region director, or the WSPTA office.
Your PTA has both a National PTA number and a WSPTA number. Your local PTA president and/or secretary can provide these numbers to you. Your National PTA number is an 8-digit number that usually starts with zero. Your WSPTA number is divided by periods in between 3 sets of numbers. For example, 2.12.123. Both numbers need to be included on the entry form. Your National PTA number can also be found at https://member.pta.org/Get-Involved/PTA-Local-Unit-Lookup. Your WSPTA number can also be found at https://www.wastatepta.org/get-involved/find-your-pta/
WSPTA and National PTA return only visual arts and photography entries. Please keep a copy of all other entries. Entries received at the state-level are returned to your region director at the WSPTA annual convention in the spring. It is the responsibility of the region directors to distribute the entries to their councils and/or local PTAs. If you have not received your entries by the end of May, please contact your region director.
National PTA may keep the entries for up to three years, if the entry becomes part of the National PTA tour.