Month-by-Month Board To-Do List
Welcome to the new PTA year! PTA’s fiscal year runs July 1 – June 30. Each month we will post monthly task lists for you to use that will help develop your calendar for the year. The dates listed reflect best practices.
- Attend board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Prepare content for newsletter or social media
- Review and update your website
- Participate, help others, and communicate
Complete a year-end financial review.
Change bank account signers
Make an appointment at the bank to change account signers. Verify their process and necessary documents in advance.
Update all passwords for online accounts after July 1
Plan a board retreat
Review the newly amended WSPTA Uniform Bylaws
Located on the Governance page of the WSPTA website.
Update job descriptions for board positions
Update contact information on websites, social media, and with the school or district
Enter names and contact information for all elected officers and key no-elected positions in PT Avenue; update throughout the year.
Review and update the legal documents notebook(s)
Review material to go in the first day packets or summer mailers
Do prep work, such as printing.
Prepare to launch your fall membership drive
Review your membership form, set your theme, decide on any benefits and how will you recognize members, and announce goals.
Plan and prepare for volunteer and committee chair training
Plan for back-to-school days in August
Gather commitments from volunteers.
Was your PTA incorporated in July? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due by 7/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/Renewal.