We are now accepting applications from those interested in serving on the 2024-2026 Washington State PTA Nominating Committee.
This committee will be responsible for the identification, vetting, and nomination of qualified candidates to serve on the 2025-2027 Washington State PTA Board of Directors. The Nominating Committee’s selections, plus any self-declared candidates, will appear on the ballot at the 2025 Washington State PTA Convention.
Candidates to serve on the WSPTA Nominating Committee must:
- Submit the Declaration of Good Faith Form (included in this application) by February 15, 2024
- Be a current PTA member for at least 30 days
- Be self-declared; you may not nominate another person
- Not be a current member of the WSPTA Nominating Committee
After the February 15, 2024 deadline, the WSPTA staff will:
- Verify the eligibility of each self-declared candidate.
- Request from each self-declared candidate a number of materials, including a resume and 200-word campaign statement (as listed in Section 7.1.4 of the WSPTA Policy Manual). Candidates shall provide those items to the office within 15 days of the request.
At least three members, but no more than five, shall be elected to the Nominating Committee by the membership for a two-year term at the 2024 WSPTA Convention. Election of at-large members for the nominating committee shall be by plurality vote. If there are six or more candidates, the five candidates with the highest votes shall be elected.
You will find a robust Nominating Committee member job description and detail of duties in the WSPTA Policy Manual, in Section 7.1.
Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm on February 15, 2024.