- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Attend training
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
Review tasks from previous months related to nominating committee
If you did not elect a nominating committee in September, be prepared to do this at your next membership meeting.
Attend WSPTA Legislative Assembly
Report back to members at the next meeting. Make sure your list of voting delegates is submitted to WSPTA by October 20.
Complete all board training by end of the month
Update the Standards of Affiliation Agreement Checklist with details.
Keep working on the membership database (memberplanet)
Make sure roster is cleaned up prior to October 5 when invoices will be generated.
Check National PTA website
There are grant opportunities such as STEM+Families grants or program opportunities such as the Schools of Excellence program (enrollment deadline is October 15).
Was your PTA Incorporated in October? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 10/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.