- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Get educated: take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about the monthly financial report
- Actively engage in a plan for membership growth
- Prepare articles for newsletter and social media
- Review and update your website
- Participate, help, and communicate
- Review the Standards of Affiliation Checklist
Insurance payments due
IRS filings (990 or 990EZ or postcard) due November 15
Elect nominating committee at a membership meeting if not previously done
When elected, update the committee materials/notebook and schedule an overview meeting with the committee.
WSPTA Uniform Bylaws amendments due November 15
The WSPTA bylaws are built and approved by the members. If your PTA sees an area in the bylaws that is unclear, or you feel should be revised, then your PTA should consider submitting an amendment for consideration.
WSPTA resolution proposals due November 15
Resolutions may be submitted for consideration two times each year, once at the legislative assembly in the fall and again at the convention in the spring. The deadline for submitting a proposal for consideration at the convention is November 15. (The title and rough outline is due November 1.)
WSPTA Awards of Excellence
Consider what WSPTA Awards of Excellence your PTA is interested in applying for this year and assign responsibilities for who will be filling out the application(s), collecting the supporting documents, and submitting by March 15.
Was your PTA Incorporated in November? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 11/30. the annual corporation is due regardless of the income you bring in and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.
(originally posted October 30, 2018; revised October 31, 2019; revised October 28, 2020; revised November 1, 2021)