- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Get educated: take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Actively engage in a plan for membership growth
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Review and update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
- Review the Standards of Affiliation Checklist
Register to attend WSPTACon2022, May 20-22
Make sure to send delegates to vote on bylaws amendments and other association business to support your PTA’s interests. Register here.
Participate in staff appreciation week, May 2-6
Work with the treasurer to set June deadlines for reimbursements
Get the word out to volunteers and school staff.
Plan transition meetings for outgoing and incoming board members
Work with incoming board members to identify candidates for non-elected board and chair positions
Hold the last membership meeting to complete unfinished business
Approve the budget and approve any changes to the standing rules. Review the yearly goals and objectives set in September.
Consider updating your budget to allow for 2022-2023 membership pre-sales.
Standing rules updates may include removing reference to an exact membership fee amount and changing to say something like, “Membership dues will not exceed $15 for an individual member.”
Report new officers to WSPTA
Input newly elected officers starting May 1 into the membership database system, memberplanet.
Review the End of Year Database checklist for tasks
(located on the Leadership Guides webpage, under Membership)
Charitable Solicitations Renewal due May 31
Recognize and thank volunteers for their efforts this past year
Was your PTA Incorporated in May? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 5/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.
(originally posted May 1, 2019; revised April 29, 2020; revised April 29, 2021; revised April 27, 2022)