May Ongoing Tasks
- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Attend training
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
Submit delegate information for convention and register attendees.
Work with the treasurer to set June deadlines for reimbursements. Get word out to volunteers and school staff.
Plan transition meetings for outgoing and incoming board members.
Work with incoming board members to identify candidates for non-elected board and chair positions.
Hold the last membership meeting to complete unfinished business. Approve the budget and approve any changes to the standing rules. Review yearly goals and objectives set in September.
Charitable Solicitations Renewal due May 31.
Was your PTA Incorporated in May? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 5/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.