December Ongoing Tasks
- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Attend training
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about monthly financial report
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
Consider a holiday party
You are halfway through the PTA year!
Plan a winter membership campaign
Appoint an awards committee
Consider the following WSPTA awards, as well as any special awards from your school: Golden Acorn, Outstanding Educator, Outstanding Advocate and Student Advocate, Honorary Lifetime Membership. Proceeds from the purchase of these awards fund student scholarships.
Was your PTA Incorporated in December? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 12/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.