2016 Legislative Assembly
October 21-22 | Red Lion | Olympia
Agenda (draft as of 8/17/16) | Issue Packet
Stay tuned as more information will be posted closer to Legislative Assembly. Follow on Facebook or #WSPTALegAssembly on Twitter.
2016 Outstanding Advocate Award
Recognizes and honors an individual for continued and dedicated service to ALL children, and a demonstrated commitment to helping create strong policies relating to the health, welfare, safety, and education of children and youth.
Nominate a deserving individual today. Nominations open through September 15.
Complete the nomination online or download the paper nomination form*. Send paper nomination forms to PTAlegdir@wastatepta.org.
*No handwritten submissions, please.
2016 Legislative Session
2016 Year End Session Report
2015-2016 Legislative Platform
Top Five Issues
1. Fully Fund McCleary
2. Create Positive School Climates through Social Emotional Learning
3. Increasing Capital Funding
4. Increased Access to Higher Education
5. Breakfast After the Bell
- Access, Equity & Opportunity for Students with Disabilities and Special Needs
- Access to Health and Dental Care
- Career Development & Training for Paraeducators
- Closing Opportunity Gaps
- E-911 Training for Youth
- Equal Access for English Language Learner (ELL) Students
- Family and Community Engagement
- Inclusive Special Education
- Investing in Teacher Professional Learning
- Paid Sick and Family Leave
- Playground Safety
- Regulating Child Restraint and Isolation in Schools