WSPTA Nominating Committee Report
February 10, 2020, report as posted in the February 13 Leadership News
The 2018-20 Washington State PTA nominating committee hereby places the following name into nomination:
For the office of Program Director: Candance Walters
Information is located below for anyone seeking to self-declare for this position. The deadline to self-declare is February 28, 2020.
January 2, 2020, report as posted in the January 9 Leadership News
The 2018-20 Washington State PTA nominating committee hereby places the following names into nomination:
For the office of Advocacy Director: Sherry Rudolph
For the office of Area A Vice President: Carrie McKenzie
For the office of Area B Vice President: Jay Pulacode
Information is located below for anyone seeking to self-declare for any of these positions. The deadline to self-declare for these three positions has closed.
Self-Declare Information for Board Position
The 15-day window for self-declaring is now open for the Program Director position. All information is due no later than 11:59 pm February 28, 2020.
Per WSPTA Policy, section 7.4.1, this is the official call for self-declared candidates. Qualified persons may self-declare candidacy by submitting a Declaration of Good Faith form indicating their intent to run.
- He/she is a current PTA member.
- He/she meets the qualifications for the office.
- He/she shall abide by the campaign/election policies and guidelines.
In addition, per policy section 7.4.2, each declared candidate shall provide the following no later than 15 days after the nominating committee report is posted:
- a statement, not to exceed 150 words, to be included in the convention program and on the campaign board.
- a statement, not to exceed 500 words, to be posted on the WSPTA website.
- a digital photo to be used in convention materials (i.e. program, website, etc.)
- a one-page (8 1/2″ x 11″) résumé, to be posted on the candidate’s page on the WSPTA website.
To be considered as qualified for a position, review the WSPTA Uniform Bylaws, Article 7 Section 3F, for each specific position’s eligibility requirements. Job descriptions for each position may be found here.
Upon receipt of the Declaration of Good Faith form the WSPTA office shall send Elections Oversight Committee (EOC) information, campaign regulations and any other requirements to all candidates.
WSPTA At-Large Nominating Committee Self-Declare Applications Now Being Accepted
Every two years the Washington State PTA membership elects three at-large members to serve on the WSPTA nominating committee for a two-year term. The next elections will take place at the 2020 WSPTA convention from May 15-17.
Members are encouraged to be a part of this important process by self-declaring their intent to serve on this important committee. Use the application form to submit your interest by February 15, 2020. In addition, a Declaration Of Good Faith form must be submitted by February 15. More information may be found in the WSPTA policy, section seven.
Each candidate shall provide:
- A statement, not to exceed 150 words, to be published in the notification sent prior to convention, in the convention program and on the campaign board.
- A statement, not to exceed 500 words, to be posted on the candidate’s page on the WSPTA website.
- A digital photo to be published in the notification sent prior to convention, in the convention program, on the campaign board, and on the candidate’s page on the
WSPTA website. Digital photos shall be a headshot and only include the candidate.
- A one-page (8 1⁄2′′ x11′′) résumé, to be posted on the candidate’s page on the WSPTA website.
The officer elections will take place during the WSPTA annual meeting at the convention on May 15-17, 2020 at the Lynnwood Convention Center.
To help delegates make an informed decision about their vote, candidate information will be located on the website prior to the convention. Campaign boards will be provided by WSPTA and located in public areas of the convention center during the convention. And, opportunities for delegates to hear from each candidate will be provided through some combination of speeches, candidate forum, or networking areas.