Annual WSPTA Convention
Message from WSPTA President
Dear PTA leaders and members,
On behalf of your Washington State PTA board of directors and staff, I would like to invite you to attend the 104th Annual WSPTA Convention taking place April 28-30, 2017 at the Hilton Seattle Airport and Conference Center.
The weekend, as always, promises to motivate and energize you to reach new levels of knowledge, leadership and creativity, as we work together to make a difference for kids across our state. Convention is a great time to brainstorm fresh ideas and set new goals for next year. It’s a time to meet new people, share ideas that work, and discuss solutions to common challenges.
As a grassroots membership-driven association, your voice is important and necessary to the success of our WSPTA—make sure to join us so you can be heard! Feel free to contact the state PTA office or your region director if you have any questions. Keep up the great work, and we are looking forward to seeing you at convention!
Washington State PTA President
More Reasons to Attend Convention
- Be inspired. Convention is the place where leaders go to be inspired, understand the issues, and learn the skills to be powerful and effective leaders and advocates.
- Professional development. Convention classes are the best way for PTA officers to get the leadership training they need to have a successful year, and for returning officers to advance their training.
- Networking with other leaders. Get to know PTA leaders from around the state, your council, and region, and spend some time bonding with your own board members.
- Get new ideas. Learn about successful programs and activities other PTAs are doing. Meet vendors and develop new ideas for school assemblies, field trips, fundraisers and a wide variety of enrichment opportunities for your students. Build on your successful programs and introduce new programs for a fresh, new, and exciting PTA year.
- Convention is fun! It’s fun to get away from your normal routine and spend some time in an environment bursting with enthusiasm and energy.
- Giveaways and special offers. Exhibitors offer some great giveaways, plus there are fantastic door prizes given out at general sessions.
- Validation. PTA leaders work hard for the PTA. At convention, you will learn more about the mission of making every child’s potential a reality, meet others with a common passion for improving the lives of children, and feel validated and energized in your role as an advocate for children.
Cost to attend convention
The cost to attend convention remains the same as last year:
All three days – $140 ($100 student)
Two days – $100 ($70 student)
One day – $50 ($35 student)
Email us: email@example.com