Annual WSPTA Convention 2021
Dear PTA leaders and members,
On behalf of your Washington State PTA board of directors and staff, we want to thank everyone for their participation in the 108th Annual WSPTA Convention that took place virtually from May 18-23, 2021. The event was a powerful, innovative, information-packed experience. Many attendees embraced the additional opportunities to engage by utilizing the various functions provided by the Whova app. While it didn’t completely take the place of those great interactions and relationship-building opportunities we enjoy when the convention is in a physical building, we made the most of the next best thing!
We accomplished a lot!
- There was debate and voting on proposed amendments to our WSPTA Uniform Bylaws (note: the newly amended WSPTA Uniform Bylaws are located on the Governance page.)
- The new 2021-2023 WSPTA board of directors was elected and installed.
- There were meaningful keynote speakers including Caylin Moore, celebrated author, Brooke Brown, Washington State Teacher of the Year, and Leslie Boggs, National PTA President 2019-2021.
- We celebrated the amazing work being done at the local and council levels with our awards program.
- And of course, the perennial favorite, we shared some of the inspirational work done by students from across our state (if you missed that part check out the Student Showcase page.)
Believe it or not, we have already begun planning for the 109th Annual WSPTA Convention taking place May 20-22, 2022! Make sure to mark your calendar now and to stay tuned through our newsletters and social media as we share information about the event.
We look forward to seeing you!
Nancy Chamberlain, WSPTA President, 2021-2023