- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Attend training
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about the monthly financial report
- Prepare articles for newsletter/social media
- Update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
- Review the Standards of Affiliation (SOA) checklist
Reflections entries due to WSPTA by January 24
WSPTA office address: 15 Oregon Avenue, Suite 202, Tacoma, WA 98409-7463
Conduct a mid-year financial review as a best practice
Review goals and objectives set at the beginning of the year
Are you on track? Do you need to make adjustments? Have you been sharing progress with your members?
Engage in a winter membership campaign
How close are you to applying for a Membership Achievement Award (100% Membership and 100% Staff Membership)? Applications are due March 1.
Participate in the winter membership contest by growing your membership numbers between December 31 and February 14. More information is available here.
Review Best Practices and Standards of Excellence forms
Gather information for award binders (applications due March 1).
Determine other Awards of Excellence awards to apply for (applications due March 1)
- Advocacy Award of Excellence
- Family and Community Engagement Award of Excellence
- Outstanding Communication Strategy
- Outstanding E-Blast
- Outstanding Newsletter
- Outstanding PTA of the Year
- Outstanding Website
- PTAs Taking Significant Action
Accept nominations for volunteer awards such as Golden Acorn
1099-MISC due for independent contractors
Annual Combined Excise Tax form due to Department of Revenue by January 31 to remit sales/use tax (if applicable)
Was your PTA Incorporated in January? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 1/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.