105th WSPTA Convention Attendee Information
Convention Registration and Cost
Paid WSPTA members and students can attend one, two, or all three days of the 2018 convention. The cost to attend convention remains the same as last year.
All three days – $140 ($100 student)
Two days – $100 ($70 student)
One day – $50 ($35 student)
Convention registration is done online. Your PTA member ID number (found on your membership card) is required to register for convention. If you don’t have your 2017-2018 membership card, contact your PTA leader.
During online registration, you can choose the number of days you’ll attend, select the classes you’re interested in attending, pay for registration, and print or receive an email of your registration confirmation/receipt. You will also be able to indicate if you will be a voting delegate for your PTA or your council.
Note: If you’re a voting delegate for a council, you will register using the ID number of your membership in a local PTA in your council.
The online registration system accepts payment by credit card or by electronic transfer from your checking account.
In some cases, the local PTA or council pays the registration fee – check with your PTA or council.
When prompted to enter payment information you can enter your credit card information. We accept MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover for credit card payments.
If you prefer, you can pay by electronic transfer from your checking account, or e-Check.
- To pay from your checking account, click the e-Check button on the payment information screen.
- Enter your bank routing number and account number (found on the bottom of your check – DO NOT use the numbers on a debit card, which are not the same as your checking account number.)
- The payment amount will be deducted from your checking account and transferred to WSPTA.
Note: WSPTA does not keep your credit card number or your bank account information.
Once your payment is processed you’ll see your registration confirmation/receipt. Be sure to print or email your receipt using the buttons at the top of the screen. Check your email address before clicking send. If your PTA or council is reimbursing your registration fee be sure to get a copy for reimbursement.
There are three options for payment if your PTA or council is paying your registration fee: 1) Pay yourself and get reimbursed from your PTA, or 2) Register without making a payment and ask your PTA or council leader to make your payment or 3) In many cases the local PTA or council will register their attendees. Check with your PTA leader.
1. Member Pays and Gets Reimbursed:
- Pay to complete your registration as described above.
- Turn in a copy of your confirmation/receipt to your PTA or council leader to be reimbursed by your PTA.
2. Register Without a Payment and Ask Your PTA or Council Leader to Make Payment
- Close the browser when you get to the payment information screen (without entering credit card or checking account information).
- Your registration will be saved.
- Tell your PTA or council leader that your registration is ready for payment and ask that he/she email you a confirmation/receipt once the payment has been made.
- If you don’t receive an email confirmation/receipt after the payment has been made by your PTA or council leader, you can log back in to the registration/payment page, and get a copy.
PTA or Council Leader Steps:
- Login to convention online registration using your member’s ID number.
- This will take you to the payment information screen.
- Enter your credit card or PTA checking account information to complete your member’s registration.
- Email the registration confirmation/receipt to your member and keep a copy for the PTA records (and for reimbursement if paid with your personal credit card).
3. Leader Registers Attendees
- Leader uses the attendee member ID number to register the member.
- Select attendee classes (optional).
- Pay using your credit card or PTA checking account information.
- Print the confirmation/receipt for the PTA records (and for reimbursement if paid with your personal credit card).
- Attendee will also want to have a copy of the confirmation/receipt.
Convention Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. To learn more about this year’s convention we invite you to visit our YouTube channel to watch the Convention Newcomers Orientation 2018.
You can purchase your convention shirt on the WSPTA Store.
Here are the shirt details:
2018 WSPTA Convention T-Shirt
100% cotton t-shirt in sky blue royal blue, with 3 color Washington State PTA Convention design on front.
Block Deadline Shipping:
Orders placed by April 16th- Ships on April 20th
Orders placed by May 4th- Ships on May 9th
*Please note this convention tee plus all items in this order will be delayed for block deadline shipping on April 20th for the first order and May 9th for the second.
Unisex sizes: Small – XXXL
XXL & XXXL Add $1.50
There may be volunteer opportunities during convention. If you are interested in applying, please contact the convention volunteer coordinator email@example.com.
- Must commit to three hours on Friday or Saturday or one and a half hours on Sunday if they are interested in free registration. (Free registration is only for the day of volunteering.)
- May serve for one, two or three days.
- Are responsible for their own hotel accommodations.
Policy allows for only one volunteer from a local PTA or council to serve as a voting delegate for that PTA.
Attendees who have badge holders are approved voting delegates (members in good standing who are designated as voting delegates to represent a PTA/PTSA or council). Delegates are responsible for attending general sessions that are designated for voting, so that a quorum can be established.
Each attendee will receive a printed sheet of color-coded door prize tickets upon check-in. Fill in your contact information and drop in the color-coordinated basket. Prizes will be distributed during each General Session. Locations include: Exhibit Area, PT Avenue Table, Recognition Room, Reflections Area, Event Check-In Area, and Scholarship Baskets Area. MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
Photos During Convention
Lifetouch Studios, a premier sponsor, is once again providing photos for the delegate badges and will be taking snapshots during convention.
WSPTA Photo Policy
By attending convention, you grant the Washington State PTA the right to record, film, photograph, or capture your likeness in any media and to distribute, broadcast, use, or otherwise disseminate, in perpetuity, such media without any further approval from or any payment to you. Note: Parental consent is required to publish photographs that feature attendees under the age of 18.
Individuals with Disabilities
Washington State PTA strives to assure that all meetings and other activities of the Association are available for participation by all of its members, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Washington State Law Against Discrimination (RCW 49.60). Individuals requiring special accommodations to attend or participate in WSPTA meetings should contact the WSPTA office in advance: (253) 214-7410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org